Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 8 - Thing 19 - Web 2.0

I dropped in on a few sites, but spent most of my time on Medstory. I found it fairly easy to navigate. I liked that it gave you search suggestions when you were in the Information that Matters section. I felt that it was too commercial though. Most of the information in "Information that Matters" seemed to be short abstracts from Wall Street Journal articles. Great if you are in the library to get the info, but a pain otherwise. The main listings for a topic below this defaults to the web and I could not see that there was any sense of importance to the order of the listings with commercial sites in many cases listed above reputable medical sites. Also, along the side were ads that I felt were not appopriate for a site offering medical advice. You can easily narrow your search, but I would advice people using a great deal of care when evaluating information from this site.

No comments: